On-road safety should concern everyone. Yet, thousands of accidents are reported in Washington State every year. Some of these crashes and collisions result in serious consequences, while others are minor blips and fender benders. If you ever get injured in an accident in Spokane, you should immediately call the local law enforcement and inform 911 for medical attention. Following this, consider hiring a Spokane car accident attorney. Considering the evident financial losses, victims and claimants often step back from hiring a lawyer. If you have similar questions in mind, below are five reasons and circumstances to consider.
- You don’t know your rights or have made a mistake. What if you didn’t report the car accident or probably fled the scene? What if you didn’t see a medical expert after the accident? Your action can impact your rights to a fair settlement. Get a lawyer to know your rights and interests.
- You were also at fault. Washington is a claimant-friendly state. Even when you were more at fault than the other driver, you can still ask for a settlement. That’s because of the pure comparative fault rule. However, your settlement would be reduced by your fault measured in percentage. You need a lawyer because the other party’s insurer may deny your claim for your fault or other reasons.
- You don’t want to talk to the insurance representative. When it comes to claims and settlements, people often don’t have the best experience with insurance companies. These are companies looking for premiums, and they often adhere to bad faith insurance tactics to deny and delay claims. Get a lawyer so that you don’t have to talk to the insurance representative directly.
- You have suffered serious losses. If you have sustained injuries that can take months to heal or your losses are high, you should hire a lawyer. Attorneys know what it takes to represent a car accident case, and if needed, they can even approach the court. Your lawyer can also negotiate better and get an acceptable amount in settlement.
- You don’t want to deal with the paperwork. Filing and winning an insurance claim for a car accident case can be tough. Everything from the evidence to paperwork must be done right, and if you don’t want to deal with all that, consider hiring an attorney.
Don’t forget to share all details of the car accident with your lawyer and ask about the expected expenses in advance.